Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

Some of our Open House recipes...

I got so many requests for recipes for food we served during our Shop Hop. I promised to post some of them so: here you are!

All of these are easy, easy recipes that I have been using for years..decades some of them!
(oh wait, I haven't been alive that long.........ah, my parents enjoyed them. yea, the folks....)




WHITE WINE PUNCH

2 1/2 cups OJ

1 cup pineapple juice

1 cup confectioners sugar

1 qt white wine ( I used a pinot grigio this time, have also used chardonnay-NOT an expensive one!!!)

1 Tbs honey

2tsp pumpkin pie spice

1/2 qt ginger ale

2 cups water

Ice

Mix everything and add ice and ginger ale right before serving. Soooo refreshing and almost too easy to drink! Makes..what? about 3 quarts.

MARGARET DYER'S RUM BALLS

1 lb box vanilla wafers, crushed

1 cup finely chopped nuts (I used walnuts)

4 Tbs cocoa

6 Tbs light corn syrup

6 jiggers rum (or whiskey or ?)


Mix all ingredients and let sit for 15 minutes. Roll into one inch balls (you'll have to wash your hands frequently and I find it easiest to use slightly damp hands) Roll in colored sugar, powdered sugar or sprinkles or??? Store in an airtight container. Best if allowed to mellow a day or two. Makes about 60.



CREAM CHEESE/BACON SPREAD
I used:


3-8oz blocks cream cheese, softened

1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled

bunch of green onions, finely sliced

couple dashes of Worchertershire sauce


Mix everything together, cover and let flavors blend overnight. Serve w/ sturdy crackers. Yum!
(this was enough to feed a good size group of people)
Enjoy!
Cheri






No comments: