Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Bungalows.........

I'm daydreaming about bungalows recently. My circa 1993 home just seems too big, too uncharming (yes, it's a word), too--well, not something I daydream about!!

Now this, this is cute. Character. Yellow!


You could buy the plans and all the materials you needed from the Sears Roebuck catalog. (wow! Sears was stealing local buyers at the turn of the century like online sales is doing today! The more things change the more....etc!)


Add labor and live in a row of darling, I want one, bungalows!!


It could be pretty....yellow!


Or sorta plain. It didn't matter. You'd get a steep pitched roof, one (maybe one and one half) floors, a veranda, two bedrooms, bath and a living room.



Unless you opted to buy the bigger model.........which defeats part of my purpose!




I mean, how could anyone not love these???


Here's mine. Should I repaint it? Yellow??

The really original bungalows were found in India and tropical regions. They had thatched roofs and were for poorer folks to keep out of the elements. I could be talked in to staying in one here:

Or maybe the over water ones in Bali.......
Hmmmmm. What do you think??!
XXOO

Cheri

No comments: