Pages

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Fun stuff!

Just when I promise myself that I must order sooo carefully because of all the bad economic news we hear about constantly---I find all this adorable new stuff that I just have to get in the store for all of you to see!! Plus, vendors are offering some great incentives to buy (IF you buy lots!!!) but, hey--you can't pass up some of their deals!

Can you see the dragonflies in the above picture? Ah!! Too cute and we've had them in what? Three or four days and I already reordered them. Totally whimsical. The velveteen birds showed up the same day-those are Elaine's new favorites!

Customers ask how often we get in new merchandise so let me take a minute to detail my carefully laid plans. There are no plans. I have a rough budget each month and let me tell you-it gets spent. I place orders almost everyday I am in the store so we expect FedEx and UPS to stop each day. In fact, it's a letdown when they drive on past. That explains why we always hear "You've gotten so much new stuff in!" Because we always ARE getting new merchandise!!

On a personal note: here is a shot of my deck and enormous wisteria this year. My husband trimmed (say removed almost all of it) and I think all the energy went into producing these blooms. They are about 18 inches long. I'm beginning to look like I have very green thumbs!

Events are being planned for the summer months-notably our "Second Anniversary Sale & Celebration" in mid June. I make a big deal out of that one! Please note that we will be closed on Monday, May 26, for the Memorial Day holiday.

Hope each of you can stop in to say hi and take a look around soon. A gal was leaving the shop recently and told me she felt like she had just "taken a mini vacation"!! I about melted!!!

Take Care!
Cheri

No comments: