Pages

Thursday, October 1, 2009

For the Birds

I've been wanting to create something just for fun's sake and today-- I decided that I had the time! Then I thought " I'll share this on the blog". So here you go!


APPLE BIRD FEEDER
What you will need:

An apple, two 20" lengths of wire ( I used about 19g) and something else the birdies might enjoy. I had some ?millet? just laying around (!) so I decided to use that.



Some pliers, twine, and something else edible to string onto the wire. I was thinking cranberries but didn't have any (what kind of house do I run here???) so I used craisins!


Thread both wires through the apple so that....




they come out of the center in the bottom of the apple.



Use your pliers to curl up the end of the wires. this is decorative but will also stop the apple from sliding off. Kerplunk.





Back to the top of the apple. Twist the two wired together for a length, separate them and...





... string your cranberries, craisins, raisins -whatever -on to the wires and bend the ends of the wire into a sturdy hook.


Tie on millet-again whatever you found- and voila!!


Hang the creation in a tree so the little critters can find it. I'm curious to see what happens!
Bye for now,
Cheri

No comments: