Pages

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Part I--My Front Porch at Halloween

As I've told many of you, it's very important to deck out my front porch so as to frighten certain kids. Several years ago, the elementary aged twins across the street informed me that "my porch wasn't scary". I took that as a dare and have been trying to improve every year. Heck, they are getting older and aren't nearly as easy to frighten.....but I work on it and thought I'd show you the first stages!!

Need tons more leaves to gather themselves in front of the door.

(Click on any picture to enlarge)

Of course, I have to have some fun. I'd love for my husband to dress up like a ghoul, sit in a chair in the dark portion of the sidewalk and whisper very softly "psst, got chocolate?" as each innocent trick-or-treater walks up......come on--it could save on candy!!

This is how I use some of the merchandise you've seen at the store-yards of black cheesecloth and, of course, the haunted portraits. I want to add a few more of those...!



A ghoulish light is a must. I have a huge branch to add that will overhang the entrance some. I'll add some bats to that. I also have a CD with the best, spooky old horror flick music.

Check back for some additions...coming soon!! What do you like to do??


Best,
Cheri

1 comment:

Jane said...

The type writer is killing me! What a fabulous and unexpected Halloween decoration. Heidi at Vacuuming in High Heels and Pearls blog is doing a whole Haunted Library themed party. This would be so perfect for her.